Software Engineer - Android
About The Position
Do you want to work in a collaborative environment together with talented colleagues in a friendly work environment?
Do you keep on top of all things Google and Android, and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of Android development?
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the media industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our diverse and multi-disciplined development teams. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Tata Play, StarHub, Telkomsel, Fox, Sky TV NZ, HBO, NBC Universal, among many others.
About the Role
As an Android developer, you will be working closely with a diverse and multidisciplinary team to help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich video streaming applications on Android and other front end devices video streaming applications. You will be involved in customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support.
- Develop and maintain Android and other front end applications;
- Follow coding best practices and properly commenting code during development;
- Customer configurations and installations
- Communication with customer technical contacts regarding development projects, including Consumer Electronics and Media Companies located in Asia, US and Europe as required
- Development and local adaptation of applications such as casual gaming, social media services and web TV services
- Quality Assurance testing and deployment of new services
- Liaising with Accedo’s vendor partners to set up and manage IPTV / Connected TV systems
- Research and study new TV platforms as they come to market, including reviewing documentation and making recommendations for new applications and adapting existing applications
- Customer support activities for launched applications
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 3 years’ professional experience developing native Android applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Kotlin
- Good working knowledge of Android and modern developer Tools
- Experience integrating open source or Google and 3rd party libraries highly desirable
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Good command in English
What we Offer
- Hybrid work arrangement with a nice office located in Kwun Tong;
- Competitive salary and benefits with Annual Leave, Birthday Leave and Study Leave;
- Health insurance from the 1st day of employment.