Senior Full-Stack Engineer (Global Solutions - Cloud Team)
About The Position
Accedo: For all video service providers embracing change
Accedo is the trusted video experience transformation pioneer improving the lives of video consumers by the hundreds of millions.
Accedo was founded in 2004 and today has over 600 employees in 17 offices across the world. Over the years, Accedo has earned the trust of the world’s leading video service providers – customers to whom two goals are paramount: explore new opportunities to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations. Accedo customers include global video service leaders like NBCUniversal, Fox, Disney, HBO, Telefonica, Deutsche Telekom and Netflix, among many others.
At Accedo, we are all pioneers, changing when, where and how millions of people experience entertainment across the globe. The impact we have on the lives of TV and video consumers everywhere is the reason we go to work everyday and we are now looking for new talent to join our journey of innovation.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers that will strengthen our Global Solutions team and contribute in accelerating the work on our Cloud Platform - backend web services, systems and infrastructure that power our cloud Solutions.
What you will do
You will play a key role in designing, building and maintaining large-scale, high availability back-end applications and own the platform infrastructure including AWS services, build pipelines and more. You will also be responsible for promoting a sound engineering culture through active technical leadership and hands-on development.
With 500+ million devices, 200+ million unique users powered by our solutions, we handle millions of API requests every minute. That means that high performance, scalability and resource & cost efficiency are of great importance to us, so we continue to innovate and improve our platform
Our team members like to choose the best tools for the job, which means we work with a large collection of microservices with modern tech stacks. We write the largest part of our backend in Java and heavily use AWS cloud services. We also have a ‘devops’-mindset and take full responsibility for the entire stack, from development to production - ‘we build and we run it’.
What We Are Looking For
- Great knowledge with production experience of HTML5, Node.js, and ES6
- Experience building secure and stable high-concurrency systems with very strict high-availability and low-latency requirements
- Experience building systems running on top of AWS and utilising variety of AWS services
- Solid application performance tuning experience
- Strong system / service development experience
- Solid understanding of engineering methodologies, practices and tools
- Experience with a wide variety of backend technologies, databases and architecture, including their benefits and trade-offs
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and libraries
- Ability to communicate seamlessly with engineers, operations teams, and designers
- Proven experience with live debugging and incident resolution
Does the above sound like you? Are you a passionate Gopher looking for your next big challenge? In that case we want YOU!