About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space are growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles, and media devices to smartphones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO, and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high-performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, Toronto, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
Accedo is looking for a talented Solutions Architect to join its growing Professional Services team in Guadalajara, Mexico. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high-performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of platforms and devices.
Objective of Role
As a Solutions Architect, you will participate in the design, development, and implementation of architectural deliverables, including components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. You will develop prototypes and work with Customers, Project Managers, Developers, and QA Team as appropriate throughout the development and implementation processes to guide them on best practices and technical optimizations. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as a team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their streaming solutions
- Design solutions that meet the business requirements and be used for reference by software developers
- Assist in Build vs Buy decisions
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment to various streaming devices, cloud and digital stores
- Create Proof of Concepts to validate the feasibility of solutions on the various backend (public cloud) and/or frontend (mobile/Web/STB/SmartTVs)
- Evaluate different tools and techniques to create a common ground on which developers work and perform daily tasks
- Define, implement and audit technical standards for software developers, including coding guidelines and best practices
- Ensure features adhere to regulatory and certification requirements defined by the industry, governing bodies, and OEMs (Google, Apple, Samsung, LG, Amazon, etc.).
- Review team estimations and technical descriptions
- Collaborate and work efficiently with globally distributed teams
- Participate, engage as a thought leader, and chair technical workshops both internally and with customers
- 2-3 years of experience architecting solutions that have been successfully deployed on cloud and/or devices (mobile/web).
- Familiarity with Microservices and/or event-based architecture.
- Experience architecting for public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
- Excellent technical solution design and documentation skills, defining sequence diagrams, UI/API mapping, mapping use cases, and related UML tools.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT, or related discipline.
- Practical experience working in Agile delivery environments with exposure to CI and TDD.
- Strong quality focus from a UI, functional, and performance perspective.
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to lead customer/partner meetings and workshops at an international level
- Strong communication, leadership, time management, and coaching skills with proven experience leading a team
- Experienced in presenting design and architecture to stakeholders and developers
Nice to have
- Understanding of the OTT ecosystem, including global CDN, DRM, encoding, ad solutions, and analytics providers, as well as DRM technologies and multi-DRM strategies