Senior Software Engineer - iOS
About The Position
Who are we?
We're Accedo, an award-winning global video solutions provider delivering premium video experiences to millions of people around the globe. We’ve partnered with some of the world’s leading media companies, like HBO, CNN, and Sportsnet to design, deliver and manage the next-generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices. Our teams support customers at every stage of the video business journey, from strategy and design, and implementation.
Accedo’s DNA is rooted in diversity, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Toronto, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
We’re operating in a hybrid work model which allows the flexibility for our teams to deliver their best in one of our amazing offices or wherever they may call home.
About The Team & Role
Accedo is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer (iOS) to join its growing Engineering team in Guadalajara. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gain exposure to cutting-edge technologies, and can work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high-performing and feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices. This is an exciting position for a detail-oriented person who is passionate about technology.
This role is responsible for the software development of iOS/ TVOS front-end device applications. You will work on applications for world-famous brands from the idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis, and testing support for clients across the North American region, primarily based in Canada and the US.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining iOS/tvOS front-end applications as directed by management
- Responsible for following and proposing coding best practices and properly commenting on code during development
- Communication with customer technical contacts regarding development projects, including Consumer Electronics and Media Companies located in Asia, the US, and Europe as required
- Development and local adaptation of applications such as video and audio streaming services, IPTV services, etc.
- Liaising with Accedo’s vendor partners to set up and manage IPTV / Connected TV systems
- Research and study new Apple platforms as they come to market, including reviewing documentation and making recommendations for new applications, and adapting existing applications
- Customer configurations and deployments
- Customer support activities for launched applications
- Other projects may be assigned at times, depending on the requirements of the business.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 6+ years of professional experience developing native iOS applications.
- At Least 5 years of extensive hands-on development experience using SWIFT.
- Development experience with Objective C can be an asset.
- Good working knowledge of iOS SDK/ Xcode and modern Developer Tools
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and Libraries highly desirable
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (HTML/JS, Kotlin/Java, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus.
We know you are more than your resume and we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still strongly encourage you to apply
Our Commitment To Diversity
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute to the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute to our commitment of inclusivity.
If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let the recruiter know when contacted for an interview.