Operations Engineer (DevOps)
About The Position
Accedo is looking for a Operations Engineer who is excited by the prospect of architecting and implementing cloud based solutions for our clients. Our clients are the largest global media brands in the industry, including NBCU, Deutsche Telekom, Tata, Hallmark to name a few.
This is a new team and headcount to cope with our global expansion and you will take advantage of automation and continuous integration tools to make your life easier, and be responsible for the availability of infrastructure and services for flagship customers. Our services are almost exclusively deployed on Linux hosts running in AWS. You will design secure and fault-tolerant solutions coupled with efficient deployment pipelines.
You will get plenty of opportunity to learn new things and to share knowledge in a structured way as part of working in a global services & operations organization.
- Be the technical lead and infrastructure consultant and liaise with clients to understand and design the architecture of cloud based solutions to meet clients’ needs and expectation
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (Delivery Managers, Engineers, Support, and QA) for implementing the best solutions for clients and define clear roadmaps and milestones
- Work closely with the Engineering Directors to define architecture standards, policies and processes, and governing methodologies on the aspect of (but not limited to) infrastructure, efficiency, security, and reliability
- Other projects may be assigned at times, depending on the requirements of the business
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 5+ years’ professional experience in infrastructure / Linux administration / networking / client project implementations
- Extensive experience with AWS or other cloud service providers with relevant certifications
- Deep understanding of Git/Jenkins is a MUST, with at least 3+ years of experience
- Experience with OpenShift, SonarQube, Ansible, and Terraform is desirable.
- Databases, backup strategies, replication, and disaster recovery
- Experience in server security management – security groups, web application firewalls, vulnerability, and penetration testing
- Knowledge in setting up monitoring / alerting dashboards and able to write custom plugins for tracking custom metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English