QA Software Engineer
About The Position
Who are we?
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
What are we looking for?
Accedo is looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to join its growing Quality Assurance team in Guadalajara, Mexico. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gain exposure to cutting edge technologies and can work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing and feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices. This is an exciting entry-level position for a detail-oriented person who is passionate about technology. If this sounds like you, we want you to apply!
Objective of role: Primarily responsible for project testing of Accedo’s applications. You will play a key role in ensuring the quality of media applications being developed for world famous brands. The role will involve a close relationship with development teams in Accedo.
- Assisting with quality assurance initiatives throughout entire project life cycle, including development, enhancements or maintenance.
- Provide appropriate planning and execution in regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, and other non-functional testing to ensure successful application deployment.
- Assisting in the design and executing test plans, cases and scripts to ensure that products of exceptional quality are delivered, aligned with business objectives on various platform such as mobile, web, smart TV and game consoles.
- Collaborate in a cross-function delivery team to ensure that all aspects of quality are actively discussed and addressed during the delivery process.
- Work with clients to help convey issues around quality and build a relationship surrounding QA on the respective project.
- Updating and maintaining best QA procedures and standards, including test planning, test data preparation and test automation.
- Defining and analyzing performance objectives and measuring against data QA compliance metrics and ensuring targets.
- Provide input to the QA Manager / Team lead for all QA related activities and dependencies.
- 2-3 years of experience in the field of Quality Assurance along with experience in design, development, and implementation of quality assurance. standards for software product testing.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with Agile software methodologies.
- Experience with statistical analysis and reporting techniques.
- experience with manual testing, at least on mobile (preferably Android or Android TV)
- Some test automation experience
- Experience in a scripting programming language (preferably bash/shell script)
- Experience with QA processes (planning/reporting/customer support)
- Experience testing on Set top boxes is a plus
- Self-motivated, passionate, responsible and a good team player.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills.
- Excellent communicator, detail oriented and quality focused.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is a must.
- Streaming media technology experience is an asset.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline not required, but preferred. Preference will be given to Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree holders.