QAE (Automation) - Guadalajara, México
About The Position
About the Team
Accedo is a great place to work - it’s as simple as that. We are all about diversity and inclusion. We have Musicians, Skiers, Video Game Heroes, Fussbal Champions, Chefs, Wine Connoisseurs and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. You will find a friend here and you can bring your friends along!
We are also passionate about technology and building fantastic software products. We are experts and leaders in the realm of video streaming. It’s no coincidence that some of our customers are giants like Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Our mission is to innovate continuously and to disrupt the industry by creating a scalable platform for building impactful video applications. Accedo One, our award-winning product is a testament to Accedo’s expertise and leadership worldwide.
To continue to excel, we are growing our team and we’re currently looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our team in Stockholm/Budapest/Madrid/London/India. (Did we say we have offices all over the world, 15+ countries?)
What you will do:
- Design, develop, execute and maintain test scripts on Big Screen devices, STBs, mobile or web by leveraging coding skills and designated automation tools/frameworks
- Ensure test coverage meets overall system and software requirements
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, the team members will play a key role in software quality assurance of solutions that will be deployed in products worldwide.
- Testing and automation will range from validation of the user interface to sometimes low level validation of media streaming and broadcast technologies.
- Perform functional testing of new features and changes, and regression testing on releases, third party changes
- Addressing bugs & defects found during the development cycle.
- Deploy artefacts to different product environments (i.e. development, QA, UAT…), in apps.
- Interact with cross-functional scrum team, including product owners, designers, developers as well as other internal or external stakeholders, by example, joining sprint planning meetings, backlog refinements and sprint retrospectives to ensure the app quality meets specified functional, performance and business requirements
- Proactive communication with key stakeholders
- Provide task estimations
- Help to replicate hard to reproduce issues. Provide a clear and accurate description of each bug found. Track production issues and continuously identify high risk areas to improve test coverage.
- Write and maintain manual and automated test artefacts for the product.
- Collaborate with scrum teams to improve testing coverage, efficiency.
What we are looking for
- 2+ years of hands on automation experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT (or related discipline), or equivalent working experience.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies and concepts, like Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development.
- Basic experience integrating open source or 3rd party APIs and Libraries.
- Ability to work independently, with guidance from Senior Engineers/PM/EL/EM.
- Excellent problem solving skills and passion for technical challenges.
- Interested and eager to dive into new technology areas and immerse in topics relevant to the business.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of platform specific languages, frameworks and tools.
- Knowledge of software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms...).
- Great analytical thinking skills
- Preferred - Selenium, Appium automation experience
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Yearly training budget - which can be spent on IT conferences or online trainings
- Nice, spacious office located in central Stockholm/Budapest/Madrid/London
- Hybrid working model with a flexibility to work from home
- Opportunity to participate in a range of company events
- Autonomy and a fantastic working culture