Quality Assurance Engineer (Software)
About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space are growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles, and media devices to smartphones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO, and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high-performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, Toronto, Madrid, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for a talented and experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to support our team based in Guadalajara. At Accedo you will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplined design team delivering feature-rich design and innovative user experiences for smartphones and tablets, Smart TVs, gaming consoles, VR, and other media devices, focussing on video consumption platforms.
The work environment is unique and challenging, giving you the chance to evolve your skillset whilst working with new technologies and exciting customers like Bell Media, Sportsnet, and Peloton. We strongly believe in career development and work in a forward-thinking, agile environment that is based on collaboration, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement.
Objective of role: Responsible for the quality assurance of streaming applications. Provide planning and execution of QA activities. You will play a key role in ensuring the quality of media applications being developed for world-famous brands.
Come and join us!
- Defining QA initiatives throughout the entire software life cycle.
- Provide appropriate planning and execution in regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, and other non-functional testing to ensure successful application deployment
- Execute test plans, test cases, and automation scripts
- Collaborate in a cross-function delivery team to ensure that all aspects of quality are actively discussed and addressed during the delivery process
- Work with clients to help resolve issues around quality
- Updating and maintaining best QA procedures and standards, including test planning, test data preparation, and test automation
- Work closely with developers, Business Analysts, Project managers, and Product Owners.
- Provide input to the QA Manager/Team lead for all QA related activities and dependencies
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline. Preference will be given to Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree holders
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance
- Strong knowledge of software Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies
- Strong experience in planning QA activities without guidance (self-sufficient)
- Experience testing with media streaming devices and preparing the devices to be tested (load apps directly into the device, configure devices, manage APK files, etc)
- Experience with clear and good reporting
- Self-motivated, passionate, responsible, and a good team player
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Excellent communicator, detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Current place of residence in any state of Mexico but willing to relocate to Guadalajara.
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of streaming technology is a plus
- Experience with one or more automation tools/frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, Cypress, Suitest, Witbe, Espresso, or XCUITest is a big plus.