Engineering Manager (Software) LATAM
About The Position
Accedo is looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join its growing Professional Services team in Guadalajara. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices.
Objective of role
The role will be focused on planning, execution, and growing the development team. As a senior technical authority, you will be responsible for establishing related processes for improving technical excellence, leadership, and customer satisfaction. You will also have broad expertise across multiple technology domains and inspire other team members to grow.
- Lead a team of senior engineers, and/or engineering leads that will be tasked with developing customer-centric middleware and frontend solutions.
- Coach and develop talents, and promote a culture of collaboration, technical excellence, and inclusion.
- Report to the Head of Engineering and work closely with other engineering and product leaders to define strategy and drive customer-centric engagements.
- Responsible for solving challenging technical problems and producing elegant solutions as an individual contributor.
- Define solution engineering practices and tools for the team, including but not limited to branching, code quality, build pipeline, etc.
- Influence and evangelize modern software engineering practices up, down, and across different teams.
- Administration of HR duties like timesheet, leave attendance, and performance review.
- Support Head of Engineering with the implementation of technology initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams.
- Good understanding of the OTT and Pay TV ecosystems, including video CMS, CDN, DRM, user authentication, and others.
- Native Spanish speaker.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to cater to a diverse audience.
- Experience with leading individual contributors and providing career direction, coaching, and development plans.
- Motivational personality. Capable of instilling accountability and achieving results.
- Good understanding of design patterns used in full-stack development and microservices.
- Proven track record leading engineering team on providing code review, imposing coding style, release conventions, and others.
- Experience modeling and architecturing complicated business domains and associate methodologies, for example, hexagonal architecture.
- Current place of residence in any state of Mexico but willing to relocate to Guadalajara.