Senior Software Engineer (Android)
About The Position
Accedo is looking for talented Android Developers to join its growing Professional Services team in Guadalajara. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices.
Objective of role: Software development of Android applications. You will work on applications for world-famous brands from the idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions and requirements analysis. The role can involve a close relationship with Accedo’s overseas offices.
Do you keep on top of all things Google and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of Android development?
Do you like to work efficiently, in an ordered way using software development methodologies?
Are you good at providing accurate estimates and delivering successful results at the end of each development cycle?
If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software quality, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it
- Strong Java/Kotlin development experience with an impressive Android project (or several!).
- Strong understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to
- apply them
- A solid understanding of mobile application design as well as Java/Kotlin frameworks and development
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 4+ years professional experience developing native Android applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Java/Kotlin
- Extensive experience with Android SDK, AndroidStudio, and modern Developer Tools
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and Libraries highly desirable
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Strong understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities, and constraints
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (HTML/JS, Obj-C/Swift, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development is a plus
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and love technical challenges
- It a nice to have experience in Video and media-based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is a plus, but if you never worked on this kind of project, you will be amazed at how faster you will learn when working with us.
- Excellent command of English is a must