Engineering Manager (Software) NAM)
About The Position
Accedo is looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join its growing Professional Services team in Guadalajara. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices.
Objective of role
The role of Engineering Manager is focused on driving Customer solutions and delivering technical excellence through close engagement with customers, cross-functional teams within Accedo, and OEM partnerships. As a senior technical authority, you will be responsible for providing oversight and governance across customer engagements, with a strong focus on the domestic OTT market in North America. You will also be responsible for leading Accedo engineering teams and collaborating closely with other Engineering Leaders to define and shape engineering practices and tools across the business. Your extraordinary technology skills will help you guide your teams through complex and ambiguous environments towards simple and elegant implementations.
You're already a skilled Leader for a group of Developers, able to recruit new talent and champion development teams and their Leaders. Your technical experience with mobile and web technologies allows you to lead by example. Strong communication and interpersonal skills allow you to effectively influence an organization. In all areas, you're able to anticipate and plan for the future.
- Direct management of engineering teams; providing technical leadership and direction, professional development, guidance, and mentorship in a line management capacity
- Guiding and developing teams using performance management through effective coaching, feedback, recognition, skill assessment, training, and quarterly performance reviews
- Senior technical authority on projects; validate the architecture and technical solutions through direct customer/supplier engagement, perform code reviews and mentor the development team
- Solve complex issues through deductive reasoning and resourcefulness
- Supporting regional sales opportunities, participating in customer/Supplier workshops, providing solution design insights, technical risk/dependency management, estimations, etc.
- Drive communications on technology and strategic initiatives
- Anticipate and prepare for the future - technology, people, culture, and process
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer (web and/ or mobile), including various client-facing roles
- Proven engineering management experience, with a team size of 5 or more developers, over a period of at least 2 years
- Experienced in leading people management processes including performance reviews, mentoring sessions, active coaching, and career development plans
- Recognized leadership skills - approachable, passionate, influential, excellent communicator, composed, very good business acumen and strategic capabilities
- Understanding of global content delivery networks, cloud service providers, video encoding pipelines, DRM technologies, ad-integration, analytics solutions, payment gateways, etc.
- Practical experience working in Agile environments with continuous integration and test-driven development approaches
- Strong quality focus from a UI, functional, and performance perspective with experience building scalable solutions
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals; the ability to listen, articulate ideas and advocate best practice solutions in both one-on-one and group settings, in both verbal and written form
- High level of EQ
- Exemplary facilitation skills, with the ability to lead customer/partner meetings and workshops at an international level
- Highly self-motivated and customer-focused
- A love of learning, a constant drive for self-improvement, and a desire to help everyone be better
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline