Software Engineer Android
About The Position
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetize video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to better compete. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Airtel, Astro, SonyLiv, TataSky, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
Accedo is looking for talented Android developers to join its growing Engineering team in Delhi. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich video streaming applications on a wide variety of platforms and devices.
Objective of the role
Primarily software development of Android and other front end devices video streaming applications. You will work on applications for world famous media brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support. The role will involve a close relationship with Accedo offices at other locations.
- Do you want to create best-in-class video streaming applications, together with talented colleagues in a friendly work environment?
- Do you keep on top of all things Google and Android, and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of Android development?
- Are you passionate about the Agile development process and improving the efficiency of the software development process?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it!
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Android and other front end applications as directed by management
- Responsible for following coding best practices and properly commenting code during development
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Coordinate with technical teams for preparation and maintenance of program libraries and technical manuals.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Quality Assurance testing and deployment of new services
- Good experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them
- Other projects may be assigned at times, depending on the requirements of the business
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 2-4 years’ professional experience developing native Android applications
- Good hands-on development experience using Kotlin and Java
- Good command on debugging & optimization
- Good experience with Android SDK, Android Studio and modern Developer Tools
- Experience in integrating open source or Google and 3rd party libraries is highly desirable
- Good understanding of the complete mobile development life cycle.
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Experience in video and media based development projects (video players, DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is beneficial
- Experience with AndroidTV, FireTV, Chromecast, VR/AR is definitely a plus
- Experience in technologies such as GraphQL is beneficial
- Good command in English