IT Support Technician/Intern/Part time
About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Tataplay, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for an IT Support Technician, on contractual basis(3 days a week) to join its growing team in New Delhi. The incumbent will be responsible for handling IT equipment and user account processes as well as becoming our primary troubleshooting liaison for the office IT environment in New Delhi.
- Process asset related tickets and requests
- Work closely with all areas of the business to track newly acquired assets to ensure hardware procurements are made according to set routines and are delivered to users on a timely manner
- Associate equipment invoices with hardware purchases
- Provide IT support for workers and office devices mainly for the New Delhi office:
- Administer and manage office and user equipment, and maintain inventory tracking on who is in possession of what equipment, and where all equipment are at any given time. Perform periodic asset audits to verify the assets currently in use, the location and assignee.
- Regularly evaluate hardware standards to ensure they meet the necessary demands, and suggest updates on a periodic basis
- Assisting with network administration tasks
- Help users setup and troubleshoot their software and hardware, and manage repairs and maintenance (but are not restricted to) user device hardware and software, network connections and devices, printers, local servers, cloud services in use
- Handle user accounts in our systems, including on board/off board, setting permissions etc
- Ensure IT Policies are followed (e.g. certificate types, naming conventions, security settings and so on)
- Update documentation on workflows, changes, configurations. Create new if necessary.
- Identify key problems in computer hardware and programs and settling them as and when needed
- Collaborate closely with other members of the team to ensure all equipment and devices are returned accurately and on a timely basis by departing employees, and evaluate the condition and re-condition/format of those equipment and devices as appropriate
- Maintain a list of disposal and scrapped equipment for all recycled equipment and work with Finance on the write-off procedures
- Collaborates closely with the business to define asset needs and serves as the interface between vendors and the business.·
- Involvement in annual hardware audits for the business to ensure compliance
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in any discipline but with good technical understanding and or some internship experience in an IT Support/coordinator role
- Must have basic experience and knowledge in IT networking technologies/protocols.
- You have solid knowledge of MacOS/Windows installation and support, no issues navigating and troubleshooting those. Furthermore, you have some experience using Linux, comfortable using a shell terminal, navigating in Linux OS’s and understand the basics of shell scripts
- You have a security mindset, understanding the need for educating users on how to act in common situations such as phishing
- You are used to Google applications, preferably even having administered some G Suite (former Google Apps) before.
- You’re very service minded and have very good communication skills, a very educative person. You’re a people-oriented and can easily translate technical terms to common tongue
- You have good administrative skills, naturally documenting your work, aiding others to find quick help
- You have basic knowledge and experience of troubleshooting client WiFi connectivity issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English