About The Position
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment in one of the fastest evolving industries there is?
We offer a truly inspiring and flexible work environment where you will be empowered to follow your passion, to see possibilities, and to continuously learn and grow. Not to mention, one of the friendliest teams on the globe!
About the Role
Accedo is looking for an Operations Engineer in the DevOps Team who is excited by the prospect of architecting and implementing cloud based solutions for our clients. Our clients are the largest global media brands in the industry, including NBCU, Deutsche Telekom, Tata, Hallmark to name a few.
This is a new team and headcount to cope with our global expansion and you will take advantage of automation and continuous integration tools to make your life easier, and be responsible for the availability of infrastructure and services for flagship customers. Our services are almost exclusively deployed on Linux hosts running in AWS. You will design secure and fault-tolerant solutions coupled with efficient deployment pipelines.
You will get plenty of opportunities to learn new things and to share knowledge in a structured way as part of working in a global services & operations organization.
- Be able to work on large scale infrastructure with millions of concurrent users at any given time
- Adapt automation and IaC where possible
- Be able to quickly resolve Production issues with the use of relevant monitoring tools and technical know-how of the tool
- Be able to find gaps in monitoring and set ups to avoid downtime and performance bottlenecks
- Be able to suggest more efficient ways of doing things (if applicable)
- Work on creating documentation both for internal stakeholders and clients, with the audience in mind
- Other projects may be assigned at times, depending on the requirements of the business
Must haves skills/requirements
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- Extensive experience with AWS. Other cloud service providers experience is desirable
- Hands on experience with Terraform for Production environments:
- Write some modules, use functions, knowledge about workspaces
- Experience with AWS: ECS management with ec2 and fargate
- Vast knowledge of build tools and repository management like: NPM, Gradle etc
- Deep understanding of Git/Jenkins, with at least 3+ years of experience
- 5+ years’ professional experience in infrastructure / Linux administration / networking / client project implementations
- Proven ability to learn as the demand for a new skill is presented
- Experience with Kurbenetes, OpenShift and SonarQube
- Experience with monitoring, New Relic
- AWS Solution Architect certification and/or SysOps
Accedo is a global video solutions provider, pioneering some of the world’s most impactful multi-screen experiences. We enable video businesses of all shapes and sizes to continuously grow, evolve, and innovate their offerings across regions, platforms, and devices. We leverage our long standing experience and solid focus on innovation to create premium video experiences for best-in-class organizations including NBC Universal, Deutsche Telekom, Telefónica, Showtime, CNN, Tata Sky, and TVNZ.
Accedo was founded in 2004 and today has over 550 employees in 16 offices across the world.
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.