About The Position
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetize video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to better compete. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Airtel, Astro, SonyLiv, TataSky, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
Objective of the role
- Do you want to create best-in-class video streaming applications, together with talented colleagues in a friendly work environment?
- Are you passionate about Agile development process and improving the efficiency of the software development process?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it!
Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 5+ years’ professional experience developing React.js / Node.js -based web applications
- Experience designing and building RESTful API services on Node.js
- Experience in using cloud service providers (e.g.: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (mobile, .NET, Java, Ruby, PHP, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is beneficial
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and libraries highly desirable
- Good command of English, any other language is a plus