Sales Director - South Asia
About The Position
Accedo helps the world’s leading video service providers deliver, grow and evolve engaging video experiences across platforms, devices, and regions. We provide a combination of innovative products and services to support our customers at every stage of the video business journey, from strategy and conception through to delivery and post-launch optimization.
The company was founded on a simple observation: emerging technologies will transform how people watch television and consume video, but video service providers will struggle to keep up with the complexities of this new landscape.
Since its establishment in 2004, Accedo has experienced continued growth and now employs over 600 talented people globally. The company is headquartered in Stockholm and has offices in London, Madrid, Budapest, Hong Kong, Delhi, Singapore, Sydney, Auckland, Toronto, New York, Los Angeles, Guadalajara, Santiago, Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires.
At Accedo, we are all pioneers; changing when, where, and how millions of people experience entertainment across the globe. Our mission is to turn TV viewers into video lovers and we are now looking for new talent to join our journey of innovation.
The Sales Director - South Asia will be primarily responsible for building industry relationships and seeking out new opportunities for Accedo in the South Asia region, specifically within India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and surrounding countries. Other activities expected to be undertaken will include but not be limited to areas of Business Development, Account Management, Sales Support, Commercial Management & Negotiation, Project Profitability Analysis, Client Escalation Management, Stakeholder Management (both internal and external) and ongoing Strategy Development.
Reporting directly to the Head of New Business & Strategy - Asia Pacific (APAC), the Sales Director - South Asia will help drive the strategic direction within the APAC region and actively support the wider APAC Sales Team to identify, qualify and close new customer opportunities for Accedo. Based in New Delhi, the appointed candidate will work and collaborate with other high-performing sales professionals in New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
This is a complex and rewarding role that requires the Sales Director - South Asia to be highly collaborative in order to be successful. The selected candidate will work with APAC regional functions including UX, Engineering, Delivery, Marketing and Operations as well as the company’s global functions to help identify and deploy solutions, marketing and products that are well suited for the local market. At times, the Sales Director - South Asia will take direction from and support other senior managers within Accedo’s global organisation.
Accedo’s success and industry credentials stem from its in-depth understanding of market and video technology trends. The Sales Director - South Asia will consult and help shape digital plans for Broadcasters, Operators and OTT Providers across the South Asia region. As such, the successful appointee will have a personal interest in the fast-changing television and entertainment market with a recent successful track record of selling services in the television and digital space. A clear understanding and demonstrable record of structuring and closing complex product and service-centric deals, and building enduring and mutually successful customer relationships is essential.
The successful candidate will require an in-depth understanding of the video streaming industry and ecosystem, and will have a well established network within the South Asia region which can be utilised in their role. The appointee will have strong commercial acumen as well as expert negotiation, stakeholder management and problem-solving skills along with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude and proven ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- 8-10 years of experience working in the video technology industry with strong understanding of the video streaming industry and ecosystem and current knowledge of industry trends
- Consultancy-led, solution sales mentality and a proven track record of consultative selling of complex software products and services
- Proven success in building and maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders (internal and external)
- Demonstrable record of finding commercial opportunities within existing customer engagements
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills; good business judgement and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, particularly in English (other languages would be beneficial)
- Credibility and presence; ability to persuade and inspire others; a confident public speaker and presenter
- Financially literate with strong commercial maturity, acumen, perspectives and insight
- Enthusiastic and results focussed with a ‘can do’ attitude, resilience, drive and commitment
- Track record of timely reporting
- Collaborative and team-oriented; shows flexibility and openness to other points of view
- Highly ethical with unquestioned integrity
- Strategic execution - Collaborate with the senior sales team in APAC to plan and execute on regional sales strategy
- Lead generation - Generate leads and set up appointments through various prospecting activities such as initiating cold calls and emails, networking, attending tradeshows and through social media.
- Build familiarity - Drive various initiatives to create touch points with prospects to build Accedo’s brand and elevate perceptions of Accedo
- Gather qualified information - Ensure accuracy of deal stage to enable quality forecasting and resourcing
- Close the deal - Do whatever is needed to close the deal (within the boundaries of limitation of course)
- Own your pipeline - responsible for forecast accuracy of individual pipeline
- Ensure customer requirements are properly scoped and specified, and communicated to project delivery teams for execution.
- Keep abreast of projects during the delivery phase, setting and monitoring milestones in collaboration with the Delivery Team, as required.
- Help to manage customer expectations around delivery and performance.
- Prepare and participate in presentations for conferences and forums, with the aim of promoting Accedo and securing new business leads.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of industry and technology trends, and understand how these relate to Accedo to create new business opportunities.
- Build a strong partner network within the wider Asia region among relevant technology platform vendors, clients and other industry affiliates.
- Plan, process and perform all jobs in an efficient manner; work closely with other senior members of the team; and take the lead on selected accounts and client engagements, overseeing the work of other Accedo staff.
- Communicate client requirements to Accedo staff and provide general administrative support to the organisation when required.