Software Engineer iOS
About The Position
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetize video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to better compete. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Airtel, Astro, SonyLiv, TataSky, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
Accedo is looking for talented iOS developers to join its growing Engineering team in Delhi. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich video streaming applications on a wide variety of platforms and devices.
Objective of the role
This role is responsible for software development of iOS and other front-end device applications. You will work on applications for world famous media brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support. The role will involve a close relationship with Accedo offices at other locations.
- Do you want to create best-in-class video streaming applications, together with talented colleagues in a friendly work environment?
- Do you keep on top of all things Google and Android, and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of Android development?
- Are you passionate about the Agile development process and improving the efficiency of the software development process?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it!
- Responsible for developing and maintaining iOS and other front end applications as directed by management
- Responsible for following coding best practices and properly commenting code during development
- Customer configurations and installations
- Communication with customer technical contacts regarding development projects, including Consumer Electronics and Media Companies located in Asia, US and Europe as required
- Development and local adaptation of applications such as casual gaming, social media services and web TV services
- Quality Assurance testing and deployment of new services
- Liaising with Accedo’s vendor partners to set up and manage IPTV / Connected TV systems
- Research and study new TV platforms as they come to market, including reviewing documentation and making recommendations for new applications and adapting existing applications
- Customer support activities for launched applications
- Other projects may be assigned at times, depending on the requirements of the business
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 3-5 years’ professional experience developing native iOS applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Objective-C, SWIFT
- Exposure to or experience with React Native applications is a plus