Lead/Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for talented Senior Quality Assurance Engineers to join its growing Quality Assurance team in New Delhi. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gain exposure to cutting edge technologies and can work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transforming requirements and designs into high performing and feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Objective of role: Primarily responsible for project testing of Accedo’s OTT applications. You will play a key role in ensuring the quality of media applications and games being developed for world famous brands. The role will involve a close relationship with development teams in Accedo.
- Defining, developing and deploying quality assurance initiatives throughout entire project life cycle, including development, enhancements or maintenance
- Provide appropriate planning and execution in regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, and other non-functional testing to ensure successful application deployment
- Designing and executing test plans, cases and scripts to ensure that products of exceptional quality is delivered, aligned with business objectives on various platform such as mobile, web, smart TV, STB and game console
- Automating test cases as required
- Collaborate in a cross-function delivery team to ensure that all aspects of quality are actively discussed and addressed during the delivery process
- Work with clients to help convey issues around quality and build a relationship surrounding QAE on the respective project
- Updating and maintaining best QAE procedures and standards, including test planning, test data preparation and test automation
- Provide mentorship to new employees on compliance, automation and planning
- Work with managers on pre-sales efforts and client-related requests for information
- Occasionally operate as a Test Lead for a client and provide primary communication and planning for clients on all testing activities as defined
- Provide input to the QAE Lead/QAE Manager for all QAE related activities and dependencies
- 8+ years of experience in Quality Assurance/Testing industry with 1 or more years of experience as a test lead and/or automation engineer.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline. Preference will be given to Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree holders.
- Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Good knowledge of Streaming apps and technology.
- Expert professional knowledge with minimum 2 of the following technologies: Smart TV, Game Consoles, Smart Phone, Tablets, Media Streaming Devices. Experience in DVB related technologies.
- Intermediate level knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Scrum, Agile, Waterfall)
- Experience in creating test plans
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and platforms
- Experience in a client-facing professional setting
- Experience as a test lead
- Experience in API testing and API automation
- Experience in UI/functional test automation using tools like Selenium, Appium, Suitest and etc
- Ability to think analytically and troubleshoot effectively
- Good team spirit, positive attitude and a quality mindset
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in people management is a big plus