Senior Web Developer
About The Position
About the Team
Accedo is a great place to work - it’s as simple as that. We are all about diversity and inclusion. We have Musicians, Skiers, Video Game Heroes, Fussbal Champions, Chefs, Wine Connoisseurs and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people. You will find a friend here and you can bring your friends along!
We are also passionate about technology and building fantastic software products. We are experts and leaders in the realm of video streaming. It’s no coincidence that some of our customers are giants like Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Our mission is to innovate continuously and to disrupt the industry by creating a scalable platform for building impactful video applications. Accedo One, our award-winning product is a testament to Accedo’s expertise and leadership worldwide.
To continue to excel, we are growing our team with multiple openings! We’re looking for a Senior Web engineer to join our team in Budapest. (Did we say we have offices all over the world, including Stockholm, Budapest, London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others?) You will join an international engineering team and will collaborate with the rest of our teams - QA, Design, Product management, etc.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Private health insurance
- Yearly training budget - which can be spent on IT conferences or online trainings
- AYCM or public transport pass
- Nice, spacious downtown office near Astoria
- Flexible home office options (past Covid-19 too!)
- Opportunity to participate in Hackathons and a range of company events
What You Will Do
- Create a scalable and extensible, modular Web application
- Collaborate with the cross-disciplined product team to build a high quality user experience
- Take part in architectural decisions and strive to constantly improve the existing codebase
- Review other team members’ code
- Ship efficient, reliable, crash-free code in React.js that reaches millions of user
What We Are Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 4+ years professional experience developing React.js based web applications
- Proficient in HTML5 and TypeScript
- Excellent problem solving skills and a passion for technical challenges
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is beneficial
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and libraries highly desirable
- Experience in multi-tenant application development is beneficial.
- Experience with testing frameworks (Jest, Cypress, React Testing Library) is highly recommended.
- Experience in using cloud service providers (e.g.: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus
- Good command of English
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Due to Covid-19 and the associated impossibility for relocations, for now we can only accept applicants who hold a valid work permit or are eligible to work in Hungary
Don’t ignore this opportunity. Most likely you are happy right now. But shouldn’t you always be happier? Come in and check us out. Don’t be scared of change. Don’t worry about your current employer - sometimes you need to move on, and we encourage this as well. We have amazing alumni at Google, Spotify, AWS and more. By the way - they still love Accedo!