About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets .Accedo is a great place to work - it’s as simple as that. We are all about diversity and inclusion. We have Musicians, Skiers, Video Game Heroes, Fussball Champions, Chefs, Wine Connoisseurs and every other variety of people. We have Family people, Single people, Happy people.
We are also passionate about technology and building fantastic software products. We are experts and leaders in the realm of video streaming. It’s no coincidence that some of our customers are giants like Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Our mission is to innovate continuously and to disrupt the industry by creating a scalable platform for building impactful video applications. Accedo One, our award-winning product is a testament to Accedo’s expertise and leadership worldwide.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join its growing Products team.
Objective of role
The role of Engineering Manager is to keep our engineering team happy and motivated , ensuring the team is of the right size, as well as providing them with exciting opportunities to grow and thrive. This means that you will be the line manager for a group of engineers, responsible for one-on-one meetings, performance and salary reviews as well as oversee long term recruitment efforts.
You will be responsible for leading Accedo engineering teams and collaborating closely with other Engineering Leaders to define and shape engineering practices and tools across the business. Your extraordinary technology skills will help you guide your teams through complex and ambiguous environments towards simple and elegant implementations.
Technical experience is not a must but you're likely already a skilled leader for a group of developers, able to recruit new talent and champion development teams and their Leaders. Strong communication and interpersonal skills allow you to effectively influence across the organization. Experience with and keen interest in working in an international environment is a strong plus, as our team is truly multinational and diverse.
Our team is organized in such a way that this role is not the end responsible for the customer deliveries. Therefore if you are a passionate Project manager with experience in leading teams, do not hesitate to apply!
- Direct management of engineering teams; providing technical leadership and direction, professional development, guidance and mentorship in a line management capacity
- Guide and develop teams using performance management through effective coaching, feedback, recognition, skill assessment, training and quarterly performance reviews, yearly salary reviews
- Drive recruitment efforts in order to grow, support and retain a team of top engineers.
- Act as the engineering team’s spokesperson towards other stakeholders in the organization; ensure high morale and motivation
- Be a servant-leader to your team without holding the end responsibility for customer deliveries.
- Solve complex issues through deductive reasoning and resourcefulness
- Support regional sales opportunities, participating in customer/supplier workshops, providing solution design insights, technical risk/dependency management, estimations, etc.
- Drive communications on technology and strategic initiatives
- Anticipate and prepare for the future - technology, people, culture and process