IT Support Technician
About The Position
The multi-screen streaming video and the interactive TV space is growing rapidly. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets.
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies. This means working with some of the largest global media brands in the industry, e.g. Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few. Working in a highly collaborative and international environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for a talented IT Support Technician to join its growing IT team in Budapest, Hungary. The incumbent will be responsible for handling IT equipment and user account processes as well as becoming our primary troubleshooting liaison for the office IT environment in Budapest. You will be working with both first and second line support at a global level servicing the company internally, but prioritizing the Budapest office local needs.
- Provide first line IT support to all workers of Accedo, e.g.:
- Act on incoming tickets in ITSM system and alarms, prioritize according to business needs
- Handle user accounts in our systems, including on board/off board, setting permissions etc
- Creating and removing spaces and projects in Atlassian suite
- Troubleshoot, guide and help your co-workers in software related issues
- Provide second line IT support for workers and office devices mainly for Budapest office but sometimes advice globally, e.g.:
- Help users setup and troubleshoot their software
- Procuring hardware and software according to set routines, set it up and deliver to users
- Manage office and user equipment/inventory tracking
- Support and troubleshooting, includes (but are not restricted to) user device hardware and software, network connections and devices, printers, local servers, cloud services we use
- Follow and update set processes, routine descriptions. Propose improvements to those.
- Ensure IT Policies are followed (e.g. certificate types, naming conventions, security settings and so on)
- Propose improvements on system configurations and workflows, strive to automate repetitive tasks
- Update documentation on workflows, changes, configurations. Create new if necessary.
- Keep Knowledge base and Tips & Tricks areas updated
- Always seek solutions that aid customer relations, saves money in long term, aid information security and makes the work for others and yourself easier
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline with good technical understanding
- 2-3 years’ professional experience in an IT Support role
- You’re structured when troubleshooting and have problem solving abilities, you’re working towards solving the root cause
- You’re very service minded and have very good communication skills, a very educative person. You’re a people’s person, you can easily translate technical terms to common tongue
- You have good administrative skills, naturally documenting your work, aiding others to find quick help
- You have basic experience and knowledge in IT networking technologies/protocols. Any related certifications at entry or associate level are beneficial
- You have basic knowledge and experience of troubleshooting client WiFi connectivity issues. Any related certifications at entry or associate level are beneficial
- You have solid knowledge of MacOS/Windows installation and support, no issues navigating and troubleshooting those. Furthermore, you have some experience using Linux, comfortable using a shell terminal, navigating in Linux OS’s and understand the basics of shell scripts
- You have a security mindset, understanding the need for educating users on how to act in common situations such as phishing
- You are used to Google applications, preferably even administered some G Suite (former Google Apps) before. You have basic understanding of directory services as Active Directory or LDAP, such as you know the relations between users, groups and services, knows about common attributes and use cases
- Experience working with Okta is incredibly beneficial
- Experience working in Confluence and Jira is beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English