Software Engineer - Web/JS
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetize video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to better compete. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Astro, Deutsche Telekom, Disney, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, Netflix, and Telefonica, among many others.
What we are looking for
Accedo are looking for Front-end Web Developers to join its growing Professional Services team in Budapest. Your job will be to architect, develop and test Smart TV and Web applications. You will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, and have the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry.
- You will play a key role in designing, building and maintaining large-scale, high availability Smart TV and Web applications for various platforms
- Ensure development best practices are followed (Clean Code, Clean Architecture, code reviews.)
- Actively communicate with the project managers, team members, and clients.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline, or comparable experience
- 2-5 years' work experience in similar capacity
- Good knowledge of performance and memory optimizations, proficient usage of the tools available in SDK’s and excellent debugging skills for the platforms in question
- Proficient with source code management (Git/Bitbucket/GitHub)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies e.g. Scrum, TDD.
- Interest in learning new platforms and new technologies is a plus
- Understanding of VOD, live streaming, and DRM, as well as experience in the TV industry (IPTV, Connected TV) is a plus
- Good communications skills in English is needed, Hungarian and additional languages are a plus
What is on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Regular training and development opportunities (conferences, meet-ups).
- Private Healthcare insurance (and other extra benefits)
- Work from home option
- Global organisation and international opportunities
- Modern office in heart of Budapest at Astoria (East-West Business Center)
- English courses.