Software Engineer - Android
About The Position
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment in one of the fastest evolving industries there is?
At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the largest global media brands such as Netflix, Deutsche Telecom, and Paramount. You will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of platforms and devices, ultimately improving the end user experience for millions of video viewers around the world.
We offer a truly inspiring and flexible work environment where you will be empowered to follow your passion, to see possibilities, and to continuously learn and grow. Not to mention, a top-class benefits program and one of the friendliest teams on the globe!
About the Role
Accedo is looking for a talented Android Developer/Engineer to join its growing Engineering team in Budapest. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry.
In this role, you will (amongst other things):
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Android and other front end applications as directed by management
- Responsible for following coding best practices and properly commenting code during development
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Coordinate with technical teams for preparation and maintenance of program libraries and technical manuals.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Quality Assurance testing and deployment of new services
You will work on applications for world famous media brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role may include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support. The role will involve a close relationship with other Accedo offices in Europe and around the globe. You also bring:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 2-5 years’ professional experience developing native Android applications
- Good hands-on development experience using Kotlin and/or Java
- Good command on debugging & optimization
- Good experience with Android SDK, Android Studio and modern Developer Tools
- Understanding of the complete mobile development life cycle.
- Understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Experience in video and media based development projects (video players, DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is a plus
- Good communication in English (written and oral)
- Experience with AndroidTV, FireTV, Chromecast, VR/AR is definitely a plus
- Experience in integrating open source or Google and 3rd party libraries is a plus
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
If it sounds like we've developed your interests, we'd love to meet you!
Accedo is a global video solutions provider, pioneering some of the world’s most impactful multi-screen experiences. We enable video businesses of all shapes and sizes to continuously grow, evolve, and innovate their offerings across regions, platforms, and devices. We leverage our long standing experience and solid focus on innovation to create premium video experiences for best-in-class organizations including NBC Universal, Deutsche Telekom, Telefónica, Showtime, CNN, Tata Sky, and TVNZ.
Accedo was founded in 2004 and today has over 550 employees in 16 offices across the world.
At Accedo, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusiveness where employees are both valued and heard. Inclusion also means having diverse representation in gender, race, sex, thought, and other personal characteristics to contribute towards the betterment of our commerce and people. We strongly encourage applications from diverse communities to contribute towards our commitment of inclusivity.
If you require accommodations during the interview process, please let the recruiter know when contacted for an interview.