Android developer - Video streaming solutions
About The Position
About the Team
The Product development team at Accedo has a mission to create a scalable platform for building impactful video applications. With Accedo One, our award-winning product, our customers are able to set up their own video streaming apps right away, without any additional development. We are passionate about reusable solutions, high coding standards and exceptional user experience.
We’re looking for an Android Engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for developing features to the Android application of Accedo One together with our international engineering team. You will take part in knowledge sharing sessions and driving the client team’s productivity forward.
What You Will Do
- Create a scalable and extensible, modular Android and Android TV application
- Collaborate with the cross-disciplined product team to build a high quality user experience
- Take part in architectural decisions and strive to constantly improve the existing codebase
- Review other team members’ code
- Ship efficient, reliable, crash-free code in Kotlin that reaches millions of users
What We Are Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in building Android apps using Kotlin and/or Java
- Ability to develop against a variety of remote services and systems (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Experience in technologies such as KotlinX, Coroutines, DI, Jetpack, Databinding
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method
- Experience and knowledge of design and architectural patterns
- Strong communication skills and knowing when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Product developer mentality and ‘customer first’ mindset
- Excellent command of English
- Exposure to Agile and experience with CI/CD is a plus
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics) is considered a strong advantage
- We will only accept applicants who hold a valid work permit or are eligible to work in Hungary
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Private health insurance
- Yearly training budget (which can be spent on IT conferences or online trainings)
- AYCM, public transport pass or health fund
- Nice, spacious downtown office near Astoria
- Flexible home office options
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets, and for customers such as Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, Budapest, London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others. Our global team is exceptionally talented, dedicated and fun! Sounds interesting? Come join our family and become a fellow Accedonian!