Mid-Senior Software Engineer - Roku (Brightscript)
About The Position
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices. Accedo delivers rich media apps on multiple platforms ranging from Smart TVs, gaming consoles and media devices to smart phones and tablets, and for customers such as Netflix, Spotify, BBC, HBO and Deutsche Telekom, just to name a few.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Accedo is looking for talented Software Engineers to join its growing Product development team in Budapest. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
Objective of role
Primarily software development of Roku/Brightscript applications. You will work on delivering the Roku application of our state-of-the art products.
- You will play a key role in designing, building and maintaining large-scale, high availability front-end applications and owning the related platform infrastructure (e.g AWS services, build pipelines, automated testing, etc).
- You will also be responsible for promoting a sound engineering culture through hands-on development, code reviews, contributing to the improvement of the application architecture and enhancing engineering processes
- This is the team you want to join! We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it!
Skills and Experience
- Software development experience preferably Brightscript/Roku’s SceneGraph XML
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Building dynamic Roku applications with the opportunity to work on web development projects
What we offer
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You will work in a dynamic and innovative organisation alongside the smartest and most dedicated people in the industry.
- Multicultural offices: You will be part of a truly inclusive and diverse environment, with employees from all over the world. We are proud of being an equal opportunity employer.
- Learning opportunities: You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues worldwide.
- Friendly environment: You will collaborate tightly with colleagues and make many friends beyond the professional context.
Other then that we offer competitive salary and benefits, flexible work from home opportunities and a yearly training budget (which can be spent on IT conferences or online trainings). We also have a very nice, pet friendly office in the heart of Budapest at Astoria - East-West Business Center.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline
- 3 - 5 years professional experience developing software applications
- Experience of Brightscript desirable
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and Libraries highly desirable
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics)
- Good command of English