Software Engineer - Android
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetize video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to better compete. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Astro, Deutsche Telekom, Disney, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, Netflix, and Telefonica, among many others.
What we are looking for
Accedo are looking for experienced Android Developers to join its growing Professional Services team in Budapest. Your job will be to architect, develop and test native Android applications. You will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, and have the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry.
- You will play a key role in designing, building and maintaining large-scale, high availability mobile applications for various Android devices (Mobile, Tablet, SmartTV(s), etc.)
- Ensure development best practices are followed (Clean Code, Clean Architecture, code reviews.)
- Actively communicate with the project managers, team members, and clients.
Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience developing native Android applications using Java (Kotlin is a plus).
- Manage parts of ongoing projects, perform code and architecture review.
- Good knowledge and understanding of algorithms and design patterns.
- Good understanding of engineering best practices, methodologies and mobile development tools.
- Ability to work efficiently: use 3rd party libraries, be able to prioritize tasks based on business requirements / customer priorities.
- Good understanding of networking protocols and concepts like REST, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development.
What is on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Regular training and development opportunities (conferences, meet-ups).
- Private Healthcare insurance (and other extra benefits)
- Work from home option
- Global organisation and international opportunities
- Modern office in heart of Budapest at Astoria (East-West Business Center)
- English courses.