Engineering Lead - Sao Paulo
About The Position
About The Position
Accedo is looking for a talented Engineering Lead to join its growing Professional Services team in Brazil. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of platforms and devices.
This is a home office position, based in São Paulo state, with occasional travel and visits to clients.
Who are we?
We are Accedo and have more than ten years of experience helping hundreds of TV platform operators, broadcasters, media companies, and consumer electronics manufacturers across the globe to design, deliver and manage the next generation video user experience across a vast range of connected devices.
Accedo offers a truly global working environment, with offices all over the world, including Stockholm, London, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, and Hong Kong, amongst others.
At the end of the day, our employees are what make us who we are, which means we work hard to create a good working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop within Accedo, wherever they want to be in the world. We are on a journey, and are always open to ideas and individuals that want to contribute to making that journey a success.
Objective of role
As a senior technical authority, you will be responsible for establishing related processes for improving technical excellence, leadership and customer satisfaction. You will also have broad expertise across multiple technology domains and inspire other team members to grow.
You will participate in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. You will develop prototypes and work with Customers, Project Managers, Developers and QA Team as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes to guide them on best practices and technical optimizations. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
Part of the job is in sales support, working in requirement gathering and technology assessment for new projects, helping on new proposals, working on estimations and being a point of contact for the internal product team with potential and actual customers.
- Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their streaming solutions
- Lead a team of senior engineers, and/or engineering leads that will be tasked with developing customer centric middleware and frontend solutions.
- Report to the Director of Engineering and work closely with other engineering and product leaders to define strategy and drive customer centric engagements.
- Responsible for solving challenging technical problems and producing elegant solutions as an individual contributor.
- Define solution engineering practices and tooling for the team, including but not limited to branching, code quality, build pipeline etc.
- Administration of HR duties like timesheet, leave attendance and performance review.
- Support in sales, requirement gathering, technical solutions, estimations
- Occasional visits to clients and potential clients
- Assist in Build vs Buy decisions
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment to various streaming devices, cloud and digital stores
- Create Proof of Concepts to validate feasibility of solutions on various backend (public cloud) and/or frontend (mobile/Web/STB/SmartTVs)
- Define, implement and audit technical standards for software developers, including coding guidelines and best practices
- Ensure features adhere to regulatory and certification requirements defined by the industry, governing bodies, and OEMs (Google, Apple, Samsung, LG, Amazon, etc.).
- Review team estimations and technical descriptions in on going projects
- Collaborate and work efficiently with globally distributed teams
- Manage project with small teams
- Working in hiring new talents and technical knowledge assessments
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams.
- Good understanding of the OTT and Pay TV ecosystems, including video CMS, CDN, DRM, user authentication and others.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to cater to a diverse audience. Spanish language is a plus. Full proficiency in Portuguese is mandatory.
- Experience with leading individual contributors and providing career direction, coaching and development plans.
- Motivational personality. Capable of instilling accountability and achieving results.
- Good understanding of design patterns used in fullstack development and microservices.
- Proven track record leading engineering team on providing code review, imposing coding style, release conventions and others.
- Experience modeling and architecturing complicate business domains and associate methodologies
- Excellent technical solution design and documentation skills, defining sequence diagrams, UI/API mapping, mapping use cases, and related UML tools.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline.