Software Engineer, JS, Brazil
About The Position
Accedo is looking for talented JS Engineers to join its growing Development team in Brazil. At Accedo you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature rich applications on a wide variety of web based platforms and devices.
This is a home office position, based in São Paulo state.
What we do at Accedo:
We are looking for a passionate JS Software Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include implementing visual elements and their behaviours with user interactions. You will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build all client-side logic. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
- Strong Web development experience, with a unique Web project (or several) deliveries.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and when to apply them
- Strong experience with React or any other component-based library or framework (Angular, Vue)
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
- Good knowledge of performance and memory optimisations and debugging skills.
- Good knowledge of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Good communications skills in English
- Ability to adapt capabilities to cross-platform technologies such as Mobile react native
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline, or comparable experience
- 2-5 years’ work experience in a similar position
- Proficient with source code management (Git/Bitbucket/GitHub)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, e.g. Scrum, TDD
- Interest in learning new platforms and new technologies is a plus.
- Understanding of VOD, live streaming, and DRM, as well as experience in the TV industry (IPTV, Connected TV), is a plus.
- Understanding concepts on technologies such as Gatsby/NextJS
- AWS/ Cloud Infrastructure experience is beneficial