Quality Assurance Engineer
About The Position
Accedo is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer with a software test automation background to join our Quality Assurance team in Auckland. As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Accedo, you will play an important role in guaranteeing quality for the Accedo professional services engagements.
You will work with the development teams to identify problems early in the process and handle a variety of applications including web applications, back- end web services, smart TV apps, and mobile apps, as well as profession with appropriate visibility into the process is being used by those products/projects.
- Defining, developing and deploying quality assurance initiatives throughout entire project life cycle, including development, enhancements or maintenance;
- Provide appropriate planning and execution in regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, and other non-functional testing to ensure successful application deployment;
- Designing and executing test plans, cases and scripts to ensure that products of exceptional quality is delivered, aligned with business objectives on various platform such as mobile, web, smart TV and game console;
- Collaborate in a cross-function delivery team to ensure that all aspects of quality are actively discussed and addressed during the delivery process;
- Work with clients to help convey issues around quality and build a relationship surrounding QA on the respective project;
- Updating and maintaining best QA procedures and standards, including test planning, test data preparation and test automation;
- Provide mentorship to new employees on compliance, automation and planning;
- Work with managers on pre-sales efforts and client-related requests for information;
- Occasionally operate as a Test Lead for a client and provide primary communication and planning for clients on all testing activities as defined;
- Provide input to the Head of Engineering for all QA related activities and dependencies.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline. Preference will be given to Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree holders;
- 4+ years of experience in the field of Quality Assurance along with experience in design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software product testing;
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies;
- Strong experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and testing areas;
- Experience with statistical analysis and reporting techniques;
- Self-motivated, passionate, responsible and a good team player;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills;
- Excellent communicator, detail oriented and quality focused;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Streaming media technology experience is an asset;
- Test automation experience is an asset.