Senior Software Engineer (Web)
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and compete better. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world's leading video service providers, such as SBS On Demand, ABC iView, 7Plus, Foxtel, Telstra, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
What we are looking for
Accedo is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer (Web) to join its growing Professional Services team in Auckland. At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and can work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing and feature-rich applications on a wide variety of web-based platforms and devices.
- You will play a key role in designing, building and maintaining large-scale, high availability Smart TV, Console and Web applications for various platforms.
- Ensure development best practices are followed (Clean Code, Clean Architecture, code reviews, improve CI/CD).
- A pivotal role in communicating and coordinating with project managers, team members, and clients.
- Strong Web development experience, with a demonstrable track record of Web project delivery;
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes;
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them;
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers;
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentorship to fellow developers;
- Communication and engagement with clients on an operational to tactical level.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related discipline, or comparable experience;
- 3-10 years' work experience in a similar capacity;
- Great communications skills in English;
- Proficient with source code management (Git/Bitbucket/GitHub);
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, e.g. Scrum, TDD;
- Proficiency in CI/CD concepts like Build Automation, Automated Quality Gates and Automated Deployments;
- Good knowledge of performance and memory optimisations, proficient usage of the tools available in SDK's and excellent debugging skills for web platforms in question;
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS is beneficial;
- Interest in learning new platforms and new technologies is a big plus.
- Understanding of VOD, live streaming, and DRM, as well as experience in the TV industry (IPTV, Connected TV), is a plus.
Only those candidates who are a New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a working visa for New Zealand, valid for at least the next 2 years, will be considered for this role. Accedo will not offer any VISA support / Sponsorship for this role.