Software Engineer - iOS
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Sky TV NZ, Vodafone NZ, Spark, TVNZ, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
What we are looking for
Accedo is looking for talented iOS Developers / Engineers to join its growing Professional Services team in Auckland. Your job requirement will be to architect, develop and test Smart TV application. You will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team and have the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry.
Objective of role: Primarily software development of iOS and other front end devices applications. You will work on applications for world-famous brands from idea stage through to market launch. Your role can also include customer discussions, requirements analysis and testing support. The position can involve a close relationship with Accedo’s overseas offices.
- Do you get excited when you can refactor your code from O(n^2) efficiency to O(log n)?
- Do you keep on top of all things Apple and enjoy reading blogs and articles regarding the world of iOS development?
- Are you passionate about Agile development process and improving the efficiency of the software development process?
- Are you passionate about providing accurate estimates and delivering successful results at the end of each development cycle?
- If so, then this is the team you want to join. We care about software craftsmanship, constantly improving our work and ourselves while having fun doing it
Skills and Experience
- Strong iOS development experience, with a unique iOS project (or several) in the Apple Appstore.
- Good understanding of development methodologies, testing practices, and tools and knowing when to apply each method to achieve the desired outcomes
- Strong experience with Swift with a heavy emphasis on Auto Layout
- Objective-C experience is beneficial
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them
- A solid understanding of mobile application design as well as iOS frameworks and development
- Ability to adapt capabilities to cross-platform technologies such as Kotlin
- Strong communication skills and knows when to ask for help and bounce ideas and solutions off peers
Only those candidates who are a New Zealand / Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a working visa for New Zealand, valid for at least the next 2 years, will be considered for this role. Accedo will not offer any VISA support / Sponsorship for this role.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent app development work experience
- 2-4 years’ professional experience developing native iOS/tvOS applications
- Extensive hands-on development experience using Swift, Objective-C
- Extensive experience with iOS/tvOS SDK, Xcode and modern Developer Tools
- Experience integrating open source or 3rd party API’s and Libraries highly desirable
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, JSON, REST, etc.)
- Experience in technologies such as GraphQL is beneficial
- Good understanding of mobile device variants, capabilities and constraints
- Experience in other tech stacks is also beneficial (HTML/JS, Java, etc.)
- Exposure to Agile, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development is a plus
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Experience in Video and media based development projects (DRM, OVPs, Advertising, Analytics)
- Good command in English