Junior Software Engineer - Android
About The Position
Accedo - Transforming the Video Experience
Accedo develops applications and solutions for the Television, Broadcast and Streaming industry, providing a range of engineering challenges for our Development Teams. We offer a portfolio of experience-centric video solutions that enable our customers to monetise video and transform video services to meet rapidly changing consumer expectations and to compete better. Accedo customers include over 350 of the world’s leading video service providers, such as Sky TV NZ, Vodafone NZ, Spark, TVNZ, Fox, HBO, NBC Universal, StarHub, among many others.
What we are looking for
Accedo is looking for a talented Software Engineer - Android to join its growing Professional Services team in Auckland. At Accedo, you will be part of a diverse and multi-disciplined development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with some of the largest global media brands in the industry. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help transform requirements and designs into high performing feature-rich applications on a wide variety of platforms and devices.
- A passion for modern communications technology
- Strong aptitude for computer languages and coding
- A flair for design
- Strong organisational skills
- Constantly keeping up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong communication skills
Only those candidates who are a New Zealand / Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a working visa for New Zealand, valid for at least the next 2 years, will be considered for this role. Accedo will not offer any VISA support / Sponsorship for this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Completed projects or classes focused on data structures and algorithms.
- Experience programming in C++ and/or Java.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Android application development experience in C++, Java, and/or Kotlin.
- Experience in web applications, mobile applications, and multi-tiered systems.
- Ability to select and implement an algorithm, using appropriate data structures to efficiently solve a problem; interpreting algorithms and contributing ideas to their development.
- Effective object-oriented skills.